Tuesday, April 10, 2007

what is important...

I think everyone has some great points and I see that all of us together could truly create something fantastic. However, I believe that it is necessary to understand why we are doing this. It seams as if all of us want to say something. I question the importance of an idea that we all can share. What do we all think is important? What is worth spending time, stress, and hard work on? How does this separate us from others working in this genre? Truthfully, I don’t wish to waste time making something that doesn't have any importance to me, project or not. So, is it about the environment, about our society, the cultures we all share? Can it be about the economy or governmental issues pertaining the war? What ever it may be, I ask, what do we want to say, what do we want to do, what is important to us, why do we want to share this? Despite my rather large idea of roping thousands of OSU students into doing something good for our society, I still believe that together we could really say something that resonates with all who experience what ever we create.

Check these sites out:

http://www.illegalart.org

http://www.confluxfestival.org/projects.php

h

2 comments:

Leann said...

I'm with you there... I always get into projects so much more when there is a "purpose" or some greater statement or idea behind it...

barb13 said...

You, Zuzana and I were talking about the large amounts of garbage just one or two people can create in a day and the implications of that multiplied by x number of days and x number of people. Something Perec wrote about how we all try to hide our garbage struck a note with me. Is there an idea here anyone would like to explore?