Monday, April 2, 2007

I'm afraid I fit the stereotypical female at the moment with my indecisiveness and not knowing what I want...
It may just be, like mentioned by others, that I think conceptually first and then find a space that matches that idea. I think there is just a million spaces that I could chose, and since I don't have an idea in mind, it is a bit overwhelming. I prefer outside spaces, mostly because I am a landscape architecture student and the outside is where I believe people act more free and like themselves. Almost always the outside functions as either recreation or an inbetween space for transporting people to an inside destination.

I was inspired by the symposium and am drawn to political artists who do simple things to raise an awareness or make a political statement, but this may not apply to our game at all...

Right now, because of my personal uncertainty, my preferred role in the game is a documenter or mapping and analysis person. Like Cris mentioned, I am drawn to how things are represented to the second or third generations, or how you convert an idea into a physical thing or 2nd generation performance. Also, I have been trained through architecture to diagram/map and analyze, although I am definitely open to breaking away from this often times problematic habit.

No comments: