Sunday, April 1, 2007

So, in regards to our talks last class about the group project, I find it interesting my reaction to small spaces with random people. And I think it would be interesting to examine myself and the reactions I might have when placed into such situations. But honestly I don't see this as being a group project. So as much as I tried to think of something that could be done I find that I am more drawn to the ideas of how such an experiment can be documented. For me this is more interesting than the prospect of the project itself. So depending on what others may have created I would like to concern myself with how it can be re-presented, while trying to keep the integrity of the moment.

I have found the reading from Finite and Infinite Games to be extremely interesting. The idea of life as an Infinite game is something I have thought of before, but most definitely not as thoroughly as James Carse. He has so much to say that is interestingly stated and backed up. I find myself highlighting phrases like it's my job. His words challenge my thinking and I enjoy this aspect of his writing. Anyone who can think so deeply about something I would consider quite broad, fascinates me. It is a philosophical entreaty into this idea of life as a game and being made up of games. I am quite enjoying myself.

No comments: