Monday, February 19, 2007

Barb's Knots

At the start of the quarter we were asked to think about our growing edges. I believe I wrote that I would like to learn about videotaping--because I have not worked with video in the digital age. I am curious about not only using the camera, but also how one edits video, etc. I don't know how much I will use this resource in the future, but I'd at least like to have a little hands-on experience.

For the same reasons as above, I would also like to know more about sound engineering.

Another "knot" for me is the desire to possibly revisit projects 2 and/or 3 to strengthen and develop them for future performance. (#2 was my solo with urn in a mountain setting. #3 was the "scale" piece that Cris and I did together with props and two spaces: the inner "home" space and the outer "away" space.) I equally desire to set out on a whole new project, but have not yet settled on my "inspiration." I did spend all afternoon reviewing favorite poems and ideas from the book "Topophilia" in the hopes of finding a light bulb moment. So far the phrase that keeps coming to mind is: . . . the search for inspiration holds me firmly in its grip . . .

Are any of you revisiting past projects, or are you moving on to fresh new soil? So many possibilities, so little time. This is ever one of my major Struggles!

Barbara

2 comments:

ariadni_mikou said...

Hi Barbara,

yes, I am thinking again and again project#2. I am not thinking what I did and how I could extend it but I am keep on thinking of what I could have done.

I will write more about that in my proposal...

HERB VINCENT PETERSON said...

Barb, I bet that Zac or I could show some basic video editing to you, or the class. Just so you can start to see the processs of how everything works...